- 2 handfuls of fresh green beans (about 50 beans), ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs *see notes
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flour (whole wheat, spelt, brown rice or even millet will work)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non stick foil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the beans with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking. Let cool in the water, then drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl whisk together the coconut milk and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the green beans and flour. Gently mix together until the green beans are well coated.
- Dip each floured geen bean in the coconut milk mixture and then dredge through the breadcrumbs. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining green beans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the fries over once halfway through cooking, or until browned and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.